Adam here. You know..the Automator. I wanted to let you know contrary to the name, adamtheautomator.com (ATA) isn't just about me and the things I write. It's also about my friends!
This blog is a place where system administrators, IT professionals, automation engineers, developers and all tech geeks can learn. ATA is all about learning and is the number one priority of all content we create.
ATA is looking to bring on authors of all experiences. Regardless if you're a junior admin or system architect, you have something to share. Why not write on a platform with an existing audience and share your knowledge with the world?
Articles We're Looking For
If you read the latest posts on this blog, you'll notice a couple trends. You will be required to follow these trends if you are accepted into the Friends program.
- Posts are about topics for sysadmins/DevOps professionals. This blog's primary audience is system administrators and DevOps pros. The topic you choose must be valuable to these core groups.
- Posts are long-form. Long-form posts (posts with > 1,500 words) are what readers are looking for. Readers want one place where they can learn all about a topic.
- Posts are in-depth. All ATA posts have to be in-depth. We will never publish an article that skimps on the details. This is a technical, how-to blog, it's not a marketing fluff piece factory.
- Posts are original. We will never publish a post unless it's 100% original and not published anywhere else.
- Posts are technical. All posts have to be technical. Posts will typically be how-to articles teaching readers a skill or helping them to solve a problem.
- Posts are conversational. Even though our posts are technical in nature doesn't mean they have to be dry and boring.
- All posts will be in English. You should be a native English speaker or at least make people think you are in your writing.
- There will be no advertising of any kind from an ATA Friend. This program is meant for independent techies. If you want to promote your company brand or service, check out the Media Kit. Promoting personal blogs is allowed.
- You will give up rights to all content you write for ATA. You can write about the same topic other places but the exact posts you write must not be published elsewhere.
- Once approved, you will need to submit your first article within three weeks. After that, you're free to chat with the community and submit blog posts at your leisure.
Full details will be provided once approved.
Why Write for ATA?
- You will become a member of a community. When accepted, you will be onboarded into Slack where you can converse with me and all of the other authors.
- You will have access to an established platform. This blog receives ~10,000 unique visitors/day. It took years to get to that point. Write an article here and thousands of people will immediately be reading your article.
- Your articles will be promoted. Through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other sites, your articles will be promoted as heavily as possible to get the word out about your content.
- You will become a better writer. Every article you publish will be edited. You will also receiving detailed feedback from me. This is not a content mill where we take your article, edit to how we want and publish it. You will receive feedback on every article helping you to become a better writer in the process.
- You get the chance to demonstrate your skills. Employers love to see examples of your work. If you can write a well thought out article on a subject, you probably know what you're talking about.
- You get full credit for your articles. Every article you publish will be clearly attributed to you and you alone. When I promote your article with my Twitter account, your Twitter handle will show up.
7. You will have your own dedicated "bloglet". Every author has their own area including RSS feed at https://adamtheautomator.com/author/<authorname>.
8. You get to see your traffic stats. You will have full access just as if this were your own blog to monitor how many people are reading your articles.
9. You will get paid. You have the option to get paid $60 for every published article that's at least 1,000 words. I also have another type of post called Ultimate Guides that are at least 4,000 words that I pay $120 for.
If you want to contribute to ATA, please fill out the form below to get the ball rolling.
I hope you enjoy the content myself and my friends create and I hope to be hearing from you soon!